Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

#Fibromyalgia SUCKS!



Living with #Fibromyalgia is like being on a never-ending roller coaster ride. Each day you wake up and you never know what to expect. Today wasn't a good day and when I get to feeling like this I feel like the world's against me.

The pain gets to be so aggravating, and when you take the meds for it you feel loopy. Just makes you wonder sometimes which is worse...the actual disease or the medications?

The problem is that they don't know much about this disease to really know what works or what should work. Research is now guessing that it may be caused from certain foods and I've heard recently neurotoxicity. My worry, since they're treating with medications that never truly work, what will be the side effect in the long run?

#Fibro sufferers never really get relief from the symptoms, and I just learned that one of the medications I am taking is a last resort of meds. This angered me because my prior doctor jumped right to the "last resort" and tried nothing else before it. But, because they don't know anything about the cause of this disease, I really don't know if it would have made a difference.

There's times I really feel like people, (friends and family) think it's all in my head and I've found that I really misconceive a lot of things, and because #Fibro messes with my memory so bad, I literally feel like I'm going nuts sometimes. I have to remember to stop, take a step back and think about what's actually happening around me, and you have no idea how frustrating that is for me.

Today I woke up and thought it would be a good day, at least my morning started out that way and then I almost instantly became exhausted. I feel guilty because I couldn't even clean my house today and my son had to vacuum when he got home - like I'm not doing my part as a family member. It makes me sad, it surely does.

I think it's stubborness in myself though because I'm so used to doing everything and getting tired in the middle of activities never used to be a problem for me. I guess I better just get used to it, but it sure is hard.

Do you have or know someone that has #Fibromyalgia? Do you/they experience similar feelings?

I'm just curious if it happens to others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics